Sunday, March 20, 2005

Blossom

There he stands with no sign of recognition in his eyes. I am seeing him after 2 ½ years. Time has brought big changes in him. He has grown 2 feets by now. I still remember the day when I first saw him. It was March 9 2002, the day he was born, my sister’s child Jaysheel. When I rushed to hospital to see him he was in his deep sleep on my mother’s arm. He was covered by white turkey towel like a bud ready to blossom. When I was hurrying my mother to give the child to me, I could hear my father’s voice at high pitch from behind. After listing down all those I don’t have, including those common sense stuffs, I was asked to wash my hands and then take in charge of him. He was already showing his face as if “Don’t u know I am sleeping, u should know that I may not get a good sleep like this when I reach your age.”

Still he did not recognize me. I am pulling him my side but he is proving Newton’s third law of gravitation by pulling himself away from me. He used to be my good friend those days. I used to take care of him from bathing to taking him to doctor. He was putting 100gms weight each week. I used to observe the increasing and improving tyres in his hips and thighs. His digestion system was working at 100% capacity with manifold return on investment.
That day he was very happy about the outing plan, but he didn’t know that he was taken to dispensary for an injection. He was cool and calm until he was injected. I could see the blood rushing out of his veins. I didn’t realize that I screamed “ayyoooooo” until doctor stared at me. I smiled at him though I was cursing him inside for being rude to my child. I took Jaysheel outside to console him and myself. I was still boiling inside and getting on to my nerves, but he slowly calmed down. I placed him on my laps to find what he was doing? He smiled at me with tears in his eyes, as if, “I am OK now. I could manage. I know all this happens in life.”

Still he did not turn his face to me. He did not want to talk to me. I offered battery cell to cell phone pleading him to talk to me, but he is very strong in his “varamattein viradham”. Those days we both talk to each other in an unknown language which we alone could understand. Our conversation continued until one day when my mother shouted at me for holding him all the time. I decided that I am not going to touch him from now on nor even stay in the place where he is. I was very strong in my resolution but I didn’t know that he had already planned to break it. He started his unusual “katcheri” at 11.30pm. I was studying for my B.com exams. I once again told to myself that I am not going to turn my face to him. He continued working out his plan. My sister, father and then my mother tried to console him. But, he was my dude he never heard to them. My mother pleaded me to do something about him. I scolded him “Stupid, What’s wrong with you?” and took him from my sister. He must be happy with the way he executed the plan. He calmed down soon and went to deep sleep on my laps. Though I scolded him, I enjoyed the importance and special preference that he gave me that night.

But what happened to him now? What happened to those importance and special preference that he gave me two years back? He cannot even recognize me now. I cannot blame him for someone’s mistake. Though he disregards me, I know I still have an in depth love and affection for him and that’s motherhood.

9 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger fieryblaster said...

Good One. Try writing more stuff like this.

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really good one. You have good writing skills, develop it.

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Blog was really lovable. Congrats & Continue this.

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clearly depicts your feelings. Try writting more of this kind.

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

I appreciate your way of presentation. Keep writing ...

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger RS said...

Nice post, thanks for dropping by!

 
At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
This is the best one. You made me cry. These are the exact feelings I have for my sister's kid. I cudnt name it. But I love him so much. This is a very unique relationship like Amma's love.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Abirami Subramanian said...

I can understand how you might have felt, when he didn't recognize you. Heart-breaking.

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Super chithi i liked it very much
❤❤❤

 

Post a Comment

<< Home